Saturday, July 23, 2011

Good Intentions

I just watched my husband delete his blog. I told him we needed to blog to remember tiny happenings in life. After reading that Donald Miller book when it came out--thousands of miles?? I can never remember titles to books or songs, anyway, it inspired me to journal. I journaled until I became pregnant and my brain turned to mush.

Last week, I rearranged my bedroom and under my bed, I found a dust covered blue butterfly journal and my heart sunk. My last entry was dated November 2010. I had a baby in December and had not jotted one tidbit about him. Seven months--forgotten. I will try to blog for my kids. I want them to remember the fun things we do every day.....like today, when my six year old called me at the grocery store to remind me to buy fish food for his new carnival goldfish. But I had already checked out.

So I took Noah to the petstop. That's what he calls it. Today Calvin saw birds up close, in cages for the first time. Today Joshua started writing a pen pal. He lives in Ohio. Today Matthew cracked us up. He wants Josh to ask his pen pal if he smokes cigarettes and is drunk.

And now I must go clean off the iPad since it is covered in wedding bubbles that my husband discovered in the basement.....it's been a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Great first blog - keep them coming and maybe I'll undelete mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrific Steph. Thanks for helping me out yesterday. Had a pretty good day today. Lord bless you, and Mike, and your 4 incredible sons. Amen.

    ReplyDelete