Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Waffle and the Polka Dots

Last night, as I was going through the daily routine of vacuuming up the Cheerios, I spied a waffle behind the living room chair. It had a few nibbles taken out of it. I picked it up and finished vacuuming and then tossed it in the trash. I could not figure out how to feel about this waffle. It feels almost normal to find a waffle behind a chair in my house.

Calvin has the polka dots. Mike took him outside last night for no more than ten minutes and the poor little guy got bombarded with bites! I counted at least a dozen. And since he was dressed in a long sleeved shirt and pants, ALL the bites are in his face, wrists and hands!! I was telling the kids today about Josh's first day of preschool. All the kids and parents were sitting in a circle while the teacher read a Raggedy Ann and Andy book. She turned to a page of Andy sick in bed, covered in red spots and when she asked the class what sickness he had, Josh shot his hand straight up in the air: He has the polka dots!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Good memory of Josh. He is amazingly grown-up now. I'm glad he is older, but I miss him being that young lad. But, here comes Calvin.
    It was a great blessing from our Lord to have Noah, Matt, & Josh spend the night! I checked on the boys about 3 AM, and Noah was sleeping laying across Josh's legs. Amazing they were both sound asleep, and even when I moved Noah, he kept on sleeping. Matt was in the bed upstairs.
    Lord bless these wonderful boys, and Calvin. Amen.

    ReplyDelete