Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Beginning of School

My kids crack me up. Today I was playing blocks with Cal in his room when Matt ran in with a folded up piece of paper. He told me it was a Harry Potter map and asked me to be Prof McGonagal....not in cat form. I guess you can only get that if you know Harry Potter, huh?

I woke with a migraine today, so Mike kindly let me sleep and stayed with the baby. It was a throw-up headache. Yuck. Sorry. Later, he picked up the three boys from school and ran a few errands, one was to Sears to pay our bill. Apparently, at Sears there was a demo set up with free food and Mike and the boys got roped into buying the fun, expensive, little contraption. The kids were so excited about this thing. They mimicked the demonstrations. Mike even bought m&ms to make Blizzards. I already have a small electric chopper. I use it to make baby food. There is no spot for this one. Sooooo. Because I have no place to store this chopping mechanism and all it's parts, I will have to pull my grocers bins off the wall, paint my kitchen red and buy a few shelves with baskets to store it all. : ) I guess I do love the new kitchen gadget after all.

Kids finished day two of school today. Noah started wearing a belt and needs help. Matthew, poor Matthew, only has hand-me-down items. Maybe one day he will get a new backpack or lunchbox. Even his binder was Josh's old used binder. I wanted to buy him a new one BUT they are $15!!!!! So, I got out some pliers and a zipper and fixed the old one. Good as new. Josh got all new items this year. He's a middle schooler now, new uniforms, shoes, backpack, lunch box. He's happy. And now I hear Cal stirring in his crib. Trying to squeeze in blogs is hard to do. I mean to write down more of our days, celebrating life together. That's why I call this good intentions......I'm trying. Off to grab this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment