Thursday, September 15, 2011

The bumblebee

Have you ever had a bee stare at you? I was forced inside because an intimidating bumblebee was staring me down. His eyes were looking right at me! He flapped his wings and stayed in one spot and kept darting in and out. So, I brought my coffee and book inside. I try to sit outside alone while the baby naps. This baby does not have any teeth yet. But he's huge and acts like a toddler. Today he managed to wiggle the knobs on the stove. Yesterday he opened the utensil drawer. And today he made a beeline for the toilet brush. I read an article online about baby proofing and it says to "get down on all fours and craw around" to see what could be harmful...that is ridiculous. I have to buy objects to plug up the outlets and a baby gate to block the steps could be helpful. We call him Calzilla.

Yesterday I took the baby on a walk and to play in some fountains. It was so much fun we went back with the rest of the gang for dinner last night. I packed a picnic. Noah became grumpy at one point and sulked off under a tree and ate alone. The kids played on the swings....all four of them. Matt ended up stepping on a strange small prickle in the fountain so I have to call and make sure he is up on his shot. And I'm so happy that my now middle schooler still loves to play. He certainly is not maturing and growing into his tweens anytime soon. He played the longest in the fountains. He is the one who comes home from school and plays legos for an hour. But he is also mature enough to take care of his baby brother alone for small amounts of time and help out around the house and school. Yes, he even does chores at school. It's good for him.

On an unrelated note, there is nothing worse then accidentally buying the wrong kind of creamer. I purchased lactose free fat free creamer. Gross. So I had to use my back up supply of creamer powder in my Starbucks this morning. I have a few dollars in my purse so I'm going to walk to the store with the baby to get the good stuff. How sad when creamer is a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment